Filed under: Television
As we have spoke a lot about the changing trend in Indian television. Here’s yet another serial which is more close to reality. Palampur Express is the new Show which is aired by Sony TV. Palampur Express is an inspiring story revolving around a middle class 17 year old girl who dreams to bring Olympic gold medal to India in Athletics. This serial will be an inspiration to whole generation of girls into sports.
Read more about new serial here.
The serial star cast Includes:
- Pavni: Pavni is 17. She is a carefree young girl. She tries to be a good daughter and a very loyal friend. She is not a rebel… she wants to follow the rules but at the same time she is not a conformist. Pavni carves her own path against destiny’s interventions. Pavni wants to be the BEST the FASTEST runner of India. She dreams of winning an Olympic medal for India. Running solves her personal problems. Pavni likes to win. She wants to do something no one has. Sports is in her genes, though she does not know it in the beginning of the story. She believes she is born to run. Ultimately Pavni inspires a whole generation of girls into sports.
Still From Palampur Express
Check out the other casts in the serial:
- Ravikant Dixshit: Pavni’s father is Principal of Adarsh Model School. He gave up his career and city dream just to keep his father’s word and to keep his dream running ..that’s Adarsh Vidyalaya. In the town of Palampur, he is a man of respect and high principles. His wife deserted him years back and now he lives for his daughter Pavni. An inspiration for his daughter, Ravikant is often caught between Pavni’s ambition and Dadi’s staunch opposition of it.
- Dadi: Pavni’s grandmother is a woman of strong will and reputation. She has her own achaar ka business where she is supported by her daughter, Sudha. Her only worry is her granddaughter Pavni, whom she loves immensely and has brought up like a mother. She knows Pavni wants to run but she doesn’t allow this as she is scared that Pavni too might one day follow her mother’s footstep and desert her family for her ambition.
- Sudha Bua: She is Pavni’s bua – The nemesis in Pavni’s life. Both of them can’t stand each other. Sudha bua is flashy by nature and uses satirical words. Much of which is also reflected in the way she portrays herself, her appearance, ornaments etc. She also helps Dadi in her achaar ka business and both mother and daughter make good businesswomen.Her husband, Ashutosh Joshi, is a henpecked man who loves his wife to distraction. He gets along well with the Dikshit household.
- Vigya Mishra: Vigya is Pavni’s best friend. She is an ideal daughter to her parents and thus has every quality that Pavni’s Dadi has always desired for Pavni to have. She is a well behaved, cultured girl with Indian values imbibed in her. Irrespective of her parents’ tendency to show-off, she is always grounded and loves Pavni and Sarju very much. She is more like an elder sister to them. A dreamer by nature, Vigya loves music, food and wearing good clothes. She is always very presentable. She always helps Pavni whenever she’s in trouble.
- Sarju Dogra: Pavni’s best friend; his father owns the Postman Café-students’ hub in Palampur. Though he is a grown-up, he is still a kid by nature and everyone calls him ‘Dhilu’. He, alongwith Vigya and Pavni are called ‘Vaanarsena’ by Dadi for their mischief.
The show is aired Monday to Thursday 8.30 PM
Photo and Content Courtesy: setindia.com