Filed under: Latest News
1 Jan 2009 – Guwahati – Serial Blasts reported in three different places in Guwahati and as many as twenty people are said to be injured. The first blast was reported at 4:30 PM. The bomb was planted in a cycle. The three different areas were the blast occured were Birubari, Bhootnath and Bhangagarh areas.
The first blast occured near a hospital in Birubari in a dustbin.
Serial blast ahead of Home Minister P Chidambaram visit to the state. Blasts occured despite high security on wake on Home Minister Visit.
Home Minister P Chidambaram arrives in Assam
SOURCES: CENTER CONFIRMS ULFA HAND IN THE BLAST
- FIVE PERSON CONFIRMED KILLED IN THE BLAST AND OVER 40 INJURED!
- This blast coincides with change of power in Bangladesh. Sheikh Hasina is said to be Pro-India and in her speech she said she wont allow Bangladesh land for terror attacks in India
- Assam Govt. admits lapses by the local Police.
- Police suspect IED used in the blast
- ULFA is said to be behind the blast.
- Suspected Cycle Bomber escaped when spotted by the Police.
- The idea behind the blast was to send warning signals than to cause harm to human life.
- Blasts said to be of low intensity than that which occured in October 2008.
- Forty people are said to be injured now.
- Injured rushed to Guwahati Medical Hospital.
- Terror in the new year 2009 leaves atleast 3 dead – Serial Blasts in Guwahati, Assam