A proud father of India’s First Individual Gold Medal Winner at the Olympics says “At last Mission Accomplished”. And why not, this is what India has been waiting for past 112 years. This is what we have been asking for since Moscow Men’s Hockey team event Gold. Abhinav’s Gold Medal has opened a new chapter in India’s Sport History; however we have some hard facts that truly show how Cricket has overshadowed other sports and other sports hero.
Abhinav has been World Champions for past 2 years and yet many of us do not know. He was gold medalist in 2006 Commonwealth Games at Melbourne, Australia. He also won Gold & Silver Medals at 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games. However, he missed 2006 Asian Games at Doha because of back injury.
Abhinav’s effort has been entirely from his parents and best wishes from his near and dear ones. As per his father Mr. A S Bindra, Abhinav’s victory is due to his and his family’s effort to the tune of 90 percent and remaining only10 percent from Sports Authorities and other bodies. A sheer shame! It seems like Sports Authorities and other bodies gave up that their team can win in the Olympics. Mr. A S Bindra was capable of giving World Class Training to his son, what about others who have the talent but no support, money and sponsorships. Shame on big multinational companies who do not carry social responsibilities of training so much talent we have in India. If these companies spend 1/10th of their advertisement cost on other sportsman, the results will be phenomenal.
Even after winning the Gold Medal, Abhinav remained calm, which showed how composed he is and slowly he absorbed that moment in him. Sreesanth, are you listening? Only shouting and anger does not win you games. I m sure this will open more gates for many Indian Talents that thought they have no future in India and that cricketers only get the glory. By winning this Gold, India has showed that we are capable of doing anything. We are often compared with many developed nations, however, we should keep in India its only in the past 10 years that our economy has showed growth and stability and this is the time for us to work harder towards more of Olympic based games and bring glory for India. Millions of Indians had tears in their eyes when the National Anthem was played for the first time in 28 years at the Olympic Games. We salute you Abhinav, this moment; this day will always be remembered.
Okay, just saw reports coming in, Money pouring in for Abhinav, truly deserving. Here are some details:
…and many more pouring in. Railway Minister of India Mr. Laloo Prasad Yadav has issued Golden Pass to Abhinav for AC Travel in the Indian Railways. Again truly deserving and this will really encourage other sportsmen in India. However just a question, if Indian Government had spent this much or more money on Sports, we would have many Abhinav to bring many laurels to India. I hope this day, this event open the eyes of the Sports Authority and they work towards promoting and encouraging many more Abhinavs who are present wide and across India waiting for that training, encouragement and golden opportunity to prove they are no less.
We will keep our mission on to ensure we start our MISSION 2012 Olympics from today. Cheers India. Cheers Abhinav. Very Proud Indian today!