Filed under: Latest News
Terror strikes again in India and this time in the financial capital of India – Mumbai. Several incidents of terror attack in south Mumbai have been reported. Atleast 101 people dead, and more 280 injured. Two blasts near Trident hotel. Low intensity blast in Ville Parle and grenade attack in Santa Cruz. Oberoi hotel lobby on fire after terror attack. 2 terrorists said to be holed up at CST station armed with guns, grenades. One policeman injured in a separate firing incident in Colaba. VT station cordoned off by the police.
BLOOD REQUIRED. PLEASE CONTACT JJ HOSPITAL +91 (022) 237 39031 & 226 20242
Afternoon Update: 27 Nov 2008 02:00 PM IST:
- Fierce battle with the terrorist inside Taj Hotel
- Taj lost 5 chefs, 15-17 other staff
- Navy chasing ship that brought some of the terrorists to Mumbai
- There have been fresh explosions outside the Taj hotel and Nariman House. Reports say terrorists are still holed up there
- Foreign hand fully evident: Intelligence
- Taj Mahal Hotel Hostages freed
- Fierce gunbattle on at Nariman House, Colaba
- Champions League Twenty20 postponed
- India-England ODI series called off – England’s ongoing cricket tour has been called off following the terror attacks in Mumbai. Cricket Australia has also suspended all travel to India. Decide on Test Matches later
- Six foreigners among 101 dead
Morning news: 7:00 AM IST:
- Hostages still holed up inside Hotel Taj and Oberoi.
- Commandos Surround Nariman House – Several families have been taken hostage by five terrorists!
Late Night News: 27 November 2008 02:00 AM IST
India TV receives Email – Deccan Mujahideen claims the blasts, warns of more attacks.Subject: No more warnings, reality now!
FREED HOSTAGE SAYS MORE THAN 200 STILL HELD HOSTAGE INSIDE THE HOTEL, WOMEN AND CHILDREN INCLUDED!
- IPS Officer Addl. Commissioner Ashok Tampte dead!
- HOSTAGE STILL ON AT HOTEL!
- SOME MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT ALSO INSIDE THE HOTEL!
- 26 militants in Mumbai, out of which 15 are involved in the blast as per local TV reports
- Many Foreign Tourists injured!
- ATS (Anti-Terrorism Squad) Chief Hemant Karkare – DEAD!
- Encounter Specialist Vijay Salaskar shot dead near Oberoi Hotel
- Huge Fire at Hotel Taj Mahal Mumbai – probably due to explosions!
- Fresh Firing reported from JW Marriott Hotel
- ANOTHER EXPLOSION (BLAST) AT HOTEL TAJ MAHAL AGAIN, SECOND IN LAST 30 MINUTES!
- LOUD EXPLOSION HEARD AT HOTEL TAJ ROOF TOP – MORE REPORTS AWAITED!
- 2 terrorist shot dead by the commandos at Girgaum, Chowpatty. These terrorists took the police van and escaped!
- ONE CITY HOSPITAL (ST. George’s) SAYS 60 BODIES HAVE BEEN BROUGHT IN AND MORE THAN 200 ARE INJURED!
- LIVE BOMB FOUND OUTSIDE THE TAJ HOTEL, DIFFUSED!
- Unconfirmed Reports – terrorists have escaped after firing in two different area, they might have been apprehended! Firing outside Vidhan Bhawan – 3 police injured. Hostage have been left behind in the hotel.
Earlier as per eye-witness and new media reports:
2 young boys between the age of 20-22 wearing jeans one with machine gun (AK-47s) and one with grenade came to the private hotel restaurant and shouted they only wanted US and UK passport holders and took some into hostage. Some managed to escaped and unconfirmed reports say that those 2 boys still have ten guests as HOSTAGE! Unconfirmed reports says 40 guests are HOSTAGE!
FRESH FIRING REPORTED INSIDE THE HOTEL OBEROI!
- Seven foreigners among 15 taken hostage at Mumbai’s Taj
- Terror also strikes Hospitals and Posh Hotels.
- ANOTHER LOUD EXPLOSION IN HOTEL OBEROI
- TWO TERRORIST In the hotel, trying to apprehend US AND UK GUESTS!
- Two explosions also went outside CST Station
- Oberoi Hotel under fire due to attack. Militants are said to be hiding inside the hotel
- 16 people are said to be killed.
- One of the worst terror attack in Mumbai, India
- Many militant group have said to have planned and struck together
This time apart from bomb blast, firing has been reported. More details awaited.
Trains on the central line have been stopped till further notice.
- PM and Ministers will condemn the blast
- There will be blame game
- Home Minisiter’s inefficieny will be pointed and then in few days again things will be cool down
- And more attacks!
WHEN WILL THIS STOP? MINISTERS WANTS Z-CLASS SECURITY. BUT WHAT ABOUT COMMON MAN? IS COMMON MAN LIFE SO CHEAP THAT TERRORIST CAN ATTACK WHENVER THEY WANT? SHAME ON US THAT WE ARE USE TO IT RATHER THAN VOCING PROTEST AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AND ACTION. ONE ATTACK ON US AND THEY TURNED EVERYTHING UP AND DOWN BUT WE ARE WAITING AT THE MERCY OF THE TERRORIST!